Friday, July 16, 2010

Old Windows


A couple of months ago I was on an "old window" kick! I think I bought about 8 in a week and a half...then I got myself under control again!

This is my favorite project. I have a "four season" picture over the bed in my room, and I originally planned to have this quote under it. However, once I got the headboard up, there was no room! So this old window was heaven-sent. A good friend of mine printed up the vinyl for me, and I purchased the wreath at a garden center. My plan is to swap out the wreath for the different seasons.







This was my first attempt at chalkboard paint! This window went to a woman who planned to write her new baby's name on it and hang it over his crib. What a fun idea!








This is my front porch. I decided it needed something more than dead bugs and old leaves on it! I purchased the bench from a consignment store in Riverdale; it was originally all a pale yellow. I painted it black, with the exception of the sunflower medallions (and they got a little more yellow highlighting). Originally I had one of those big metal stars hanging over the window (which I bought without glass), but last weekend I found this big "B" at an antique store, and it had to come home with me!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

All those examples are adorable! I love them all! Great additions to that collection!

Lori said...

Awesome! I'm definately going to keep my eye out for more old windows in the future. I did an old window project that is featured on my blog too. Bookmarking this page for future reference...

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I'm featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my 'featured" button.

Anonymous said...

Love the window with the huge monogram! What a great way to welcome people to your home. :)

Anonymous said...

I have an old window that looks just like that and have thought about putting a letter on it. Now I have to, yours looks great.