Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ravishing Red Chest of Drawers

Will I ever get tired of red? I don't think so. (Remember this other chest?) I neglected to take a picture of this chest of drawers before I painted it, but it was dark blue and VERY beat-up! I used my free sample pot of paint from Valspar (Heirloom Red) and repainted....

I didn't even begin to try to sand down or cover up the dings, scratches, and nicks that come about over time. Instead, I glazed it all with black paint, and then....magically...the once-upon-a-time "defects" just add character!


I didn't even use craft paint for glazing this time....because I couldn't find it! (Hazards of a home with six children.) Instead I just used some watered down flat-black paint. It worked just great. As you may remember from my side table project, I am all about using what's on hand!


The DIY Show Off

3 comments:

Jori said...

It looks great!!! Your globe is very cool too! Thank you for commenting on my polka dot table. I love to redo furniture. I am following your blog. :)

Chrissie said...

Love the red! I am so glad I'm not the only one who forgets before pics! Glaze is wonderful for glamorizing defects!

Rachel said...

There is no way, absolutely no way, one can tire of red. Nope! Not possible!