Saturday, July 7, 2012

Hope is the thing with feathers…

I have so many things to blog about that it’s overwhelming!  There are furniture projects, home projects, my first building project, sewing projects, not to mention an entire WORKSHOP…

…but all those projects have worn me out  Winking smile

So for now, I will leave you with a favorite quote.  My sister requested this a few months ago in “Tiffany blue,” and I have made two more versions since then in coral (or tangerine?) and aqua.

hope is the thing with feathers

“Hope is the thing with feathers

that perches in the soul

And sings the tune without the words

And never stops at all.”

                             ~Emily Dickinson

emily dickinson hope feathers

You can see a little bit in the picture below that the bird, the birdcage, and the words “hope, feathers, soul, sings, and never stops” are all highlighted with clear glitter.  Glitter makes everything better!

emily dickinson hope feathers

Linking up here:

 Domestically Speaking Elizabeth & Co.
Sisters of the Wild West The CSI Project
Friday Remodelaholic 2805
My Simple Home Life’s Simple Creations Friday  
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special The DIY Show Off
Beyond the Picket Fence Someday Crafts
Knick of Time My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Perfectly Imperfect {Primp}
Simply Klassic Sundays My Repurposed Life
From My Front Porch to Yours  
Cowgirl Up! {aka} design

10 comments:

Full Circle Creations said...

This is my favorite quote too. I have it on a sign in my studio. I can't wait to hear/see all about your workshop.

Holly

Twice Nice said...

What a beautiful quote! Love it, and all the color variations. And glitter is the greatest bling there is!

Carol said...

Love the quote! So many beautiful colors :0)

Unknown said...

This is my favourite quote - and they look gorgeous - great job!
Oh and I love this one by her too.

"Beauty is not caused. It is."
I also have a project in the near future with the " hope " quote!

Hugs,
Suzan

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I love the sign painted on beadboard!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love that quote, Korrie. Your signs with it turned out great. That blue is so pretty. I did two framed pieces last year using it for my daughter and me. I have mine in my craft/sewing room.

Artsy VaVa said...

What a beautiful saying! Pinning!!!

wisp said...

That is my favorite Emily Dickinson poem. =) I love these! So pretty. And glitter does make things better. ;)

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

wow! it sounds like you're so busy! Can't wait to hear more!
What a beautiful poem...and you know I LOVE your work!
sooo pretty!
gail

Roeshel said...

So pretty, Korrie! I love the beautiful poem paired with the bird and cage! And glitter? Icing!