Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Rustic X Coffee Table

I have to show off one of my latest building projects.  The wonderful family who bought this Farmhouse Table as well as the Buffet Table from me commissioned me to build a coffee table for them.   I used the Rustic X Coffee Table plan from Ana White.
Rustic X 002a
They wanted the color of the coffee table to complement their dining table, but not be exactly the same.  So while I started out with the same custom mix, I gave it an extra coat of stain that was more heavily gray.
Red Hen Home Rustic X Coffee Table
It always seems such a shame to sand and sand and sand a table to get it nice and smooth…and then beat the heck out of it with a hammer, chain screwdriver, pliers…anything to get the carefully manufactured “aged” look!
Red Hen Home Rustic X Coffee Table
The original plan was for a 52-inch-long table, but I cut it down to 46 inches to suit this family.  That has got to be the best feature of build-your-own furniture—being able to customize the size for your space!
Oh, and I must tell you…building the X’s was tricky for me!  I think they turned out pretty well, but I will never try to fool you that they’re perfect by any stretch of the imagination!
Red Hen Home Rustic X Coffee Table
It looks pretty good in my living room, don’t you think??
***************************
 
This project has been featured at Elizabeth & Co. and My Repurposed Life.
 
*************************
Linking up here:
Domestically Speaking Elizabeth & Co.
Primitive & Proper Thrifty Décor Chick
Friday Remodelaholic 2805
My Simple Home Life’s Simple Creations Friday Miss Mustard Seed’s Furniture Feature Friday
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special The DIY Show Off
Stone Gable
Beyond the Picket Fence Someday Crafts
Knick of Time
Mod Vintage Life
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Perfectly Imperfect Sawdust Throwdown
Common Ground My Repurposed Life
From My Front Porch to Yours All Star Block Party
A Little Knick Knack
The Scoop!
Thrifty Décor Chick
{aka} design
Coastal Charm

28 comments:

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Well you have turned into a furniture building gal haven't you! What a wonderful job! Satisfied and returning customers are always good!

Cassie Bustamante said...

that is awesome, korrie! you have got serious skills!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Pretty good, are you kidding me? It's absolutely totally awesome! You rock girl!

Rachel said...

I think it turned out fantastic!! For those of us where having you make something like this and have it shipped isn't an option perhaps you could sell plans on how to make one in your etsy shop. :D

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love it. I really like oversized coffee tables, and yours is just wonderful. Love the x design too. Great job. Hugs, Marty

Liana Sanjana said...

Love these coffee table arrangements! I've got a fake orchid in my bedroom. I looked at a real one the other day and decided against it since I'm always left with a dried out stick within a few weeks.

Karina Russell said...

Beautiful! I'm inspired.

Cynthia said...

What beautiful rustic piece of furniture!! Great job!

Cynthia

Full Circle Creations said...

It looks beautiful! Great job!

Homeroad said...

Yes! I think it looks awesome in your living room! I just cut down a garden table and created a coffee table for my living room that looks similar. I love the rustic look and it is such a great size! Great job... again!
Susan

Gypsy Heart said...

Beautiful! You really are talented.

xo
Pat

SImple and Serene Living said...

You just keep getting better and better, Korrie. How is that possible when you seemed so perfect to begin with.
Hugs,
Laura

chateau chic said...

Fabulous coffee table, and yes, I think you need to build one for yourself.
Mary Alice

srpprcrftr said...

If the cross pieces didn't turn out right you sure have me fooled. You are so talented at so many things, could you spread a little of it around maybe? I really love your coffee table as well as other tables you've made. I'd buy one if not more in a heart beat if I lived close to you. Awesome furniture building. What will you do next?
Happy spring

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

You are VERY talented!! Love this table too :)

Old Red Barn said...

This table is gorgous! Feel free to join my link party: Crafty Country Cottage @ Old Red Barn. Hope to see you soon!

Goedele

Stampin' VMG206 said...

YUM! I love it.
I'm visiting from DIY Showoff. I hope you can stop by my blog and leave a comment and Link Up!
~ Megin of VMG206
www.vmg206.blogspot.com

Decor To Adore said...

You are SO talented! What a lovely table.

The Joyful Thrifter said...

Your room is so cute! I just love it!

Smiles,
Rachael
The Joyful Thrifter

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Your table turned out amazing, great job!! And the room is really pretty too!

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

Girl...you've got skills & you know how to handle those power tools! It's amazing!

Nancy Romweber said...

The Distressing and stain came out perfect!

My Repurposed Life said...

Love this coffee table Korrie

catching you!
gail

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

That is so cute! Sort of modern country!

I hope you'll come back to the Farmhouse Porch and link this up at my linky party this Tuesday! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment♥

Linsey

{northern cottage} said...

i'M in absolute love with this project...you did SUCH a great job! so impressed! xo

c'mon by and check out the contest going on where you could win $1500!!!

♥ http://www.northerncottage.net

Chelsea @ Married Filing Jointly said...

What a beautiful piece of furniture! You did an amazing job! I want one! Maybe I can get my husband to make me one after we finish our backyard renovations?

I would love you to link this up at Give Me the Goods linky party where you link to one blog and it shows up on 5 blogs:
http://www.marriedfiling-jointly.com/2013/04/give-me-goods-linky-party-2.html

~Chelsea @ Married Filing Jointly

Rita said...

WOW! this is amazing! I just bought a similar one at world market. If you get a chance, please share this on my linky party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/04/sunday-linky-party-2.html

Unknown said...

I love this table and color!!! When you say Custom mix of Minwax Antique Walnut and Weathered Oak, is that half and half of each?